Volunteers are essential to the work that we do at New Hampshire Catholic Charities. With their support, we are able to provide a dynamic array of programs and services to those in need.
Our current volunteer opportunities include:
New Hampshire Food Bank
The NH Food Bank welcomes new volunteers interested in fighting hunger in the Granite State. Do you have time to assist with the phones at the New Hampshire Food Bank? Do you have time to help sort food, be on an event committee, or offer office support? If you would like to help, please contact the NH Food Bank at 603-669-9725 or visit www.nhfoodbank.org .
Health & Senior Care Services
Do you have time to spend visiting residents at one of our eight rehabilitation and nursing centers? Can you offer to help out with activities? Do you sing or play an instrument? If so, please contact the rehabilitation and nursing center near you. Click here.
New Hampshire Catholic Charities
Would you like to help out on an event committee? Do you have time to volunteer at the main office helping with mailings or filing? Can you volunteer time at one of our district offices helping distribute toys at the holidays for the Marine Corps Reserve's Toys for Tots program? Do you have time that you could dedicate to praying for others and for our organization that we may be able to do God's work and help those in need?
If you are interested in helping others and providing hope to those in need, please contact us to find out about the various ways you can help at 603-669-3030.
Call the district office nearest you for more information or current listings. Click here to view a listing of our service locations.
- NH State Prison, Laconia: Education Series on Writing, Reading, or Other Skills (Laconia district office)
- English as a Second and Other Language Tutors (Concord and Laconia district offices)
- Wednesday Evening Mass or Communion Service at Rockingham County Jail, Brentwood (Salem district office)
- Catholic Basics at the Rockingham County Jail, Brentwood, NH - Every other Friday 10:30-11:30 (Salem district office)
- Food Delivery to the Poor
- Transporting People to Social Security and Health and Human Resources Offices as well as Other Offices for Appointments
- St. Vincent de Paul Society at St. Bernard Parish in Keene
- Help with Sorting Toys for the Marine Corps Reserve's Toys for Tots Program (New Hampshire Catholic Charities is the largest distributor of toys for the Marine's Toys for Tots program).
Youth Service Corps
Youth Service Corps provides youth (grades 7 - 12) an opportunity to explore our church's rich tradition of social justice teachings, and to put that knowledge to work through meaningful service projects that benefit the most frail and vulnerable members of our community. Participants are supervised by carefully-screened adults. Service hours may be used to fulfill both school-based and Confirmation community service requirements (but not both at the same time!) Call to get your child involved!
Elderly Outreach Ministry* (Littleton district office only)
- Friendly visitors
- Chore services
* Volunteer must participate in a thorough screening and training process
Interfaith Community Needs Advocates (Littleton district office only)
- 10 hour pre-service training is required
- Most activity is done by telephone
Interested in volunteering with New Hampshire Catholic Charities? Please contact us: