Parish Community Services
The Parish and Community Services program of New Hampshire Catholic Charities supports and assists in examining pressing social needs (poverty, aging, disability, hunger, etc.) and developing volunteer-driven, collaborative responses rooted in gospel values. The professional personnel help parishes to respond to public needs through maintained relationships with pastoral staff and through the involvement in collaborative efforts and programs between parishes and the community.
In addition, the program provides periodic training for volunteers as well as information and referral services in an effort to assist people who are struggling through difficult circumstances. Education programs and workshops are available by request, support groups are also arranged based on need.
- Information and referral
- Resource assistance
- Support groups
- Helps to organize parish educational and service programs
- Connects and maintains relationships with pastors and parish staff
- Involvement in collaborative community efforts and programs
- Christmas Connections
- Parish/community volunteers
- Social issue workshops
- Education programs and workshops
- BLESS: Bridging Lives, Enhancing Self-Sufficiency
For more information, please contact Tony Poekert at 603-444-7727.